According to CBC News, the city of Calgary has announced its plans to convert three downtown towers into residential housing and hotel units.
Resorts of Ontario’s 20/20 vision
Resorts of Ontario has confirmed their Annual Conference & Trade Show at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa on March 30th to March 31st. This year’s theme celebrates the turn of the decade with the “focus” on everything relative to the year 2020, plus taking a journey back to the roaring 20’s at the President’s Dinner & Reception!
By Shane Bage, ROO
ORILLIA, Ont. — Resorts of Ontario has confirmed its Annual Conference & Trade Show at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa on March 30 to March 31. This year’s theme celebrates the turn of the decade with the focus on everything relative to the year 2020, plus taking a journey back to the roaring ’20s at the President’s Dinner & Reception. Sharpen your specs and get your 20/20 vision ready for #roovision!
Keynote speaker Susan Stewart, will “Enhance your Vision” by letting you know “Your New Lenses are Ready for Pick Up. Seeing Adversity and Uncertainty in a New Light.” Susan will be sharing a dramatic “plot twist” that occurred in her life several years ago and revealing some powerful truths about stress and 3 perspectives that can help you be more resilient (and a more effective leader) when changes and challenges come your way.
You will also hear from;
- Kevin Forget, Destination Ontario – Tips and Tricks to Leverage Marketing Exposure
- Richard Anderson, Smart Serve – Updates to Liquor Regulations
- Jason R. Traviss, ROO Supplier Ambassador – Don’t Miss This Runway Line Up. Save $$’s – Find Solutions – Be Innovative!
- Rick Ylagan, SVP InnRich Msgbox – “Are your Guests Loyal?” Bala
- Steve Roome, First Page SEO – “Digital Strategies: Who to Target and Where to Find Them”
- Kelly Bryan Murray, Team Lead, Investment and Development Office Ontario Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries – Business Retention and Expansion for the Resort Sector
- Jennifer Mason, JLM Strategic Marketing & New Heights Cannabis – Cannabis Tourism – A Budding Business!
- Lisa LaVecchia, Destination Ontario
- A panel of Resort professionals will be discussing Keeping Great Staff in a Seasonal Business lead by Jesse Hamilton– GM at Deerhurst Resort
This year the conference kick off with a fun and interactive “Rhythmic by Nature” drum circle as we explore various percussion’s lead by Barry ‘BAZZA’ Hayward!
Attendees are not going to want to miss the Resorts of Ontario Trade Show. It’s the perfect venue for exhibitors to display an array of goods and services for the industry’s everyday needs. This venue is an opportunity to develop business relationships, nurture existing relationships face to face and build future partnerships with the resort and accommodation industry.
In keeping with our ’20s theme, attendees are urged to participate and express your Roaring 20’s spirit, a time of freewheeling exuberant culture a time of prohibition. Don your spirit of fun and celebrate the ’20s! Be entertained by comedy hypnotist Robert Maxwell of “Robert Maxwell Comedy Hypnotist” for an evening of laughter. Watch as he takes willing volunteers from the audience and guides his volunteers through mind bending and side splitting comedy scenarios through the power of suggestion!
You can register for the Resorts of Ontario Annual Conference online at https://resortsofontario.com/2020-spring-conference-registration-agenda or contact Resorts of Ontario at 1-800-363-7227