Choice Hotels Canada Is bolstering its franchise support and development growth with the promotions of two long-standing corporate head office employees.
Rebuilding Quebec's hotel and tourism industry through inclusive hiring: Event
À pas de géant / Giant Steps—a non-profit organization, school, support and research centre for people with autism, based in Montreal—is offering a special event called “Horizon 22” for hotel and tourism employers.
“The hotel and tourism industry in Quebec has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Although there is a revival of the tourism industry, a major labour shortage is making this recovery more difficult. There is currently an untapped labour pool of neurodiverse people with autism and intellectual disabilities who can not only help the industry survive but also thrive,”
When: Tue, May 31, 2022
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EDT
Where: Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel
900 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
Montréal, QC H3B 4A5
Objectives of the HORIZON 22
- Address workforce issues, perspectives, trends and best practices.
- Present the business case for inclusive hiring to hospitality, restaurant and tourism organizations. Highlight success stories and best practices in the tourism and hospitality sectors and other industries that are active on the neurodiversity side of the workplace.
- Introduce the national Ready, Willing and Able (PDC ) program which, among other things, offers training on autism to employers and connects them with a network of specialized placement agencies. Since 2014, nearly 1,500 jobs and more than 60 businesses in Quebec have benefited from the program.
- To improve knowledge and understanding of the skills and labor needs of the tourism and hospitality industry in Quebec among local employment agencies that support job seekers with autism or intellectual disabilities.
- Promote employment opportunities and pathways to employment directly to job seekers.
For more information or to register, click here.