This latest acquisition of the landmark Kingston property will be the 10th Marriott property under Easton's ownership and management.
Calypso‑Valcartier Group Resort and Water Parks joins Premier Parks
Premier Parks, North America's largest independent operator of parks and visitor attractions, acquired the operations on June 2, 2022
Calypso-Valcartier Group president and COO, Sylvain Lauzon, is leading the Eastern Canada leisure destination into a new era of unforgettable experiences as the iconic resort company welcomes a new property owner, EPR Properties, and new management, Premier Parks, LLC. The company will continue to be led by Lauzon with the added industry experts bringing more than 250 combined years of theme and water park experience to the resort destination.
“We are truly thrilled to be joining Premier Parks, leveraging the company’s substantial expertise to continue our history of growth and unparalleled guest experiences,” said Lauzon. “There is simply no other group in our industry that has more experience designing, building and operating visitor attractions. We look forward to working together to grow our parks and continue to offer unforgettable memories for our visitors.”
Premier Parks has no plans to make organizational changes and are committed to work together to ensure continuity of business activities. Local jobs have been secured and each park’s distinct flavor will be featured as a strong sales attraction in its specific market.
“This is a very exciting time to welcome Village Vacances Valcartier and Calypso to our family of parks,” said Premier Parks CEO, Kieran Burke. “Quebec is a very special market and we are committed to honor the Drouin family legacy, not change the essence of what has been built here and loved by so many in Eastern Canada. We have great respect and confidence in the current management teams and in the leadership of Sylvain Lauzon.”
After an amazing business success story, the Drouin family has made a difficult decision. While they will no longer be involved, they are extremely confident in the leadership and excited by the new opportunities now available for Calypso-Valcartier Group. They are convinced that this transition is the best option to ensure the future of the parks, their employees, the local community, and the attractions.
Calypso-Valcartier Group, now part of the Premier Parks family includes:
- Calypso Waterpark - Canada’s largest water park features 35 water rides and slides including the tallest water slide tower in Canada, two immersive themed rivers, and the largest wave pool in Canada, located 35 kilometres east of Ottawa in Limoges, Ontario.
- Village Vacances Valcartier – Located in Saint-Gabriel-de-Valcartier, this dynamic tourist and leisure complex includes a wide range of overnight accommodations, the largest winter playground in North America and two water parks. Just 20 minutes north of Quebec City, Village Vacances Valcartier offers full-time fun 365 days a year.
- Hotel Valcartier, a premium four-star resort hotel with 153 rooms, group meeting space, multiple-themed dining experiences and retail shops, and the Aroma Spa, offering a thermal experience and complete personal care;
- Bora Parc, a 102,000-square-foot indoor Polynesian-themed water park with 14 water slides, a large family pool, immersive adventure river, double wave surf machine and warm 86 degrees water all year round;
- Valcartier Outdoor Water Park, with 35 water slides, 100 water games, two themed rivers and a gigantic wave pool;
- Hôtel de Glacé, the famous ice hotel welcomes more than 100,000 winter visitors each year, with charming artisan-inspired themed suites, a grand hall, a chilling ice bar and the breathtaking chapel;
- Valcartier Winter Playground, the largest winter slide complex in North America, features 35 thrilling snow tube slides, the Himalaya high-speed slope, Mont Avalanche with unique snow rafting, and Everest, with 110 feet drop that is the steepest, highest acceleration slide in the country; and
- Camping Valcartier, located in a beautiful natural wooded area near the hotel and water park, offers over 600 sites for tents, trailers and RVs.